Ways to Feel Confident In-front of the Camera
I wanted to write about something that has been on my mind lately, confidence! Confidence seems like such a simple thing, but in reality it can be hard as women to stop comparing ourselves to the girls around us. Comparing our bodies, our personalities, our talents, and more to those around us is a sure way to lose self confidence. Having confidence in who you are and what you have to offer is a must to becoming successful and living a healthy and happy life. Finding your confidence in-front of a camera can be even harder. I have friends who avoid the cameras at all costs. They hide behind each other afraid to show their bodies, their teeth, their hair, or whatever insecurity they have. Here are some of my tips to feel confident and beautiful in-front of the camera!
1. Choose an outfit that makes you feel beautiful! Choose your favorite sundress, jeans, shorts, earrings, or anything that makes you feel like a queen!
2. Give yourself plenty of time to get the right photo. You do not want to feel rushed to get the perfect photo.
3. Put on your favorite makeup look. I love a good smoky eye. I love to have gold glitter mixed in with my smoky eye as well as TONS of highlight! Pile on that contour and highlight sister!
3. Dance around and let loose. Stop being so uptight and hard on yourself! You are beautifully and wonderfully made.
4. Practice in-front of the mirror. Find poses that you think look best on you! I personally love to pop a knee and stand on the balls of my feet to make me look a little taller than I am.
5. Bring your best friend to take the photos. Having your best gal-pal there will help you feel empowered. You need your very best hype girl with you!
I hope these tips come in handy when shooting your next Instagram photo shoot! Now grab your phone, favorite outfit, best friend and start taking those cute photos!